A question for all you sailing bloggers: What was the best post you published on your blog in 2008?
I thought it would be fun to create a collection of the best sailing stories of 2008, and who better to pick the entries than the writers of those posts themselves? So that's our final group writing project of the year. Pretty simple really because you've already written the original post. That's why this project is called Simply The Best.
Here’s how it works:
1. Select the one post from your archives that you think is your best piece of 2008.
2. Write a post (on your own blog) about it, including the link to your selected best piece.
3. Complete this sentence as part of the post: "This post is simply the best because…"
4. To make it more challenging, the explanation needs to be 30 words or less. (You don't need to count the words "This post is simply the best because..." and you can have as many, or as few, words as you like in the rest of the post.)
5. When you’re done, link back to this post, and leave a comment here please so I know about it.
6. Post your contribution by 31st December 2008.
I’ll then do a wrap-up post with links to all the best pieces and the 30 word reasons why their authors chose them. We'll then have a collection of the best sailing writing on the web in 2008... because we all know that all sailing websites except blogs totally suck... along with what I expect will be some very diverse definitions of the meaning of "best".
Go for it.
Full Disclosure. This idea for a Simply the Best writing project was shamelessly stolen by Tillerman from Joanna Young of Confident Writing who was the original author of Simply the Best:Group Writing Project.