Saturday, May 16, 2009

3 Speedlinks for Saturday

Here are three posts that caught my attention for various reasons this week. Enjoy...

  1. The author of The Good Old Boat Redwing has been attending the US Sailing Small Boat Instructor Course and his account reminded me of my own experience of doing that a few years back. And shock horror! He actually has to go Laser sailing. Small boat Instructor, day 1. Laser sailing!

  2. I suppose that many of you, like me, struggle with a lack of discipline in sticking to a physical training program, or motivating themselves to go out and practice their sailing when the weather is less than perfect. I came across a different approach to this problem on zenhabits. Among other things the author believes that "discipline is just an illusion." 6 Small Things You Can Do When You Lack Discipline.

  3. I've written before about the challenges of parents sailing with their kids, the stresses on the relationship and the dangers of turning the kid off sailing - or at least some aspects of it. Ant, the author of Soulsailor, confesses his own struggles with this issue in I am the Worst, I am a Non-Soulsailor.

1 comment:

WeSailFurther said...

Thanks for the tip o' the hat.

Went sailing on my own boat last night, and then went back for more punishment at the SB I course today.

I'll have a post and pics soon!

Post a Comment