Thursday, August 24, 2006

Arabella and Emily


This blog is taking a vacation.

Tillerwoman and I are leaving for a five day cruise on the Arabella to Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket and Cuttyhunk. A total break from Laser sailing, running and blogging. We are looking forward to mornings spent sailing between the islands; afternoons of sunbathing, swimming, hiking, kayaking, exploring; and evenings enjoying seafood dinners ashore.

No doubt they have wi-fi Internet access in New England harbors these days but I don't care. The blog is taking a vacation.

If the name Arabella sounds familiar to some of you blogging sailors its because Sailscape posted a picture of her in June and Eliboat came across her while sailing in the classic yacht races in Maine a couple of weeks ago.

Then it's off to Massachusetts for a few days at my son's home, hanging out with our gorgeous granddaughter Emily. She and her parents have been over in Europe a couple of weeks where she has been charming the socks off her two great-grandmothers in England, and visiting many of her great aunts and uncles and cousins of various degrees and removes in Ireland.



So the blog is taking a vacation. See you in September.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fair winds... look forward to seeing the photos of the trip. Arabella is a beauty, much like your granddaughter... :D

Fuff said...

Fair winds Tillerman. Don't get roped into trimming, whatever you do (scuse the pun) :)

Carol Anne said...

Skip, you and Pat would be equally welcome in Paris: “Ah, quel fromage! Mais, c’est la Gruyère.”

Dwayne Clark said...

have fun

Pat said...

My spouse would have to make such a cheesy comment.

Carol Anne said...

My first French teacher was born in Algeria, but her parents made sure her French was Parisienne. I'm told that I speak French like a native.

I had a pen-pal in Strasbourg, and when I met her in person, I couldn't understand much of what she was saying, because her accent was totally different from what I'd learned.

I've been a big fan of Len Dieghton's spy novels, and impressed with how his main character, Bernard Samson, is able to speak so many different German regional accents and dialects, even though his own native language is English. He can do Berliner, Munischer, Hamburger, Dortmunder, whatever. And he can consciously make the distinctions.

Alas, my French is stuck in Parisienne.

Maybe I should come up to Quebec for a visit to learn how that sort of French works.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tillerman!

Have an awesome holiday. I'm just back from mine however could easily use another one!

Chat when you get back.

OG.

Anonymous said...

Have an awesome trip - looking forward to words of your travels.

Post a Comment