Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Ten Thousand Sunsets


Carol Anne -- and the anonymous post-modernist expletive-deleted commenter to my previous post -- want pictures. So here is a photo taken from the deck of our house one evening last week.

I think we're all set now. I see no reason ever to move again. (Assuming I fulfill the objective defined in the byline to this blog and manage to cheat the nursing home.)

Over a third of a century ago I met a fascinating young woman who, for reasons that are still a mystery to me, accepted my invitation to spend the rest of our lives together. She's still here... for reasons that are even more puzzling to me. So right now I can think of nothing more I want to do than to share the next ten thousand sunsets (or so) with her.



7 comments:

merrifie said...

Nothing improper about that! It's nice to be "all set".

Carol Anne said...

That's a great portrait of Tillerwoman. Says everything we need to know.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! Though I mostly lurk, I'm very glad to see you back.

Mondale said...

Good for you and the missus, Tiller old bean. As someone who is about to make a big move I read your post with relief. It seems it is possible to move, blog and hopefully sail all pretty much at the same time. Almost, sort of.

Anonymous said...

I saw this the other day and meant to comment, but got distracted!

Can I just say that it's one hell of a view, and I hope you enjoy the sunsets (how ever many there will be)

PeconicPuffin said...

Beautiful. Here's to your ten thousand sunsets.

Katinka said...

Ditto what Carol Anne said...thanks for sharing the lovely shot with us :) And congrats on the new residence!

ps(giggling over the post-post-modern post comment/exchange)

Post a Comment