Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Sailing Goals

After the success of last month's group writing project on Learning Experiences, let's do it again... The topic for this month is Sailing Goals. Your task, if you choose to accept it, is to write a post about your sailing goal or goals.

We all have a goal don't we? Edward wants to cross an ocean to teach his kids that adventure is good and will be sailing in the Pacific Cup in a few weeks; I rashly announced at the beginning of this year that I want to sail my Laser on 100 days in 2008; and Christy wants to heave to in the very center of the lake in order to kiss a boy. How's that for three different sailing ambitions?

Or maybe you're less driven than Christy, Edward and me. Maybe your goal is to have fun sailing with your kid, or to install that new gizmo on your boat, or perhaps you have some zen-like goal to enjoy sailing without goals? Whatever. Write about that.

But please write something new. If you've already written a post on your blog about your 2008 sailing goals then you could write about what progress (or not) that you're making towards those goals, or how to set goals, or why sailing goals are (or aren't) a good thing... I'm sure you can think of something.

And you can participate even if you don't have your own blog. Same rules as before. This is how it works...

1. Write a post on your blog on the subject of Sailing Goals.

2. Once you've posted your story, let me know about it by sending an email to tillermeister@gmail.com including a link to your post. If you don't have a blog just email me the story and I will post it here. Please let me know about your post or send me your story before Saturday 14 June. Choose a unique title for your story please. We don't want a dozen posts all entitled My Sailing Goal.

3. I will post here two links to your story. Every day or so I will write a post listing any new entries in the project. Then at the end of the project I will provide a summary post with links to all of your articles about sailing goals.

Please participate in this project. Do it for fun. Do it to so that new readers will find your blog. Do it so that we can marvel about how many different types of sailor read this blog and how different their sailing aspirations are.


5 comments:

bonnie said...

funny, I just touched on the topic of boating goals in last night's post about getting the surfski...

Mine probably sounds sort of pathetic right now, considering all the people circumnavigating Iceland & sailing to Hawaii & sh**.

Nevertheless, it is at least a goal, and one I think I can manage no matter how bad the work situation is.

EVK4 said...

done. Not the goals but the posting of the goals.

Mondale said...

I'm going to devote my 600th post to this very topic. Blinking well rushed orf me feet right now so it might take a day or three but it will happen.

Zen said...

Hmmm,goals... Ok, I'm in...

Carol Anne said...

My email server is currently having hiccups that prevent me sending email, but here is my goal post:

http://itsfiveoclocksomewhere.blogspot.com/2008/06/my-goal-post.html

Post a Comment