Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Apathy Index Hits New High


My Bucket List Group Writing Project continues to create unprecedented apathy in the sailing blogosphere. The subject clearly has no interest for most of my regular contributors. I guess I'm losing it.

Looking on the bright side, there is a contribution from Greg and Kris who have a relatively new sailing blog Log of the s/v Clarity. They live in Oregon and their sailing bucket list starts with...

  1. Liveaboard.
  2. Cross the Columbia Bar, turn to port, go South for a month.

And it just gets better from there with nine more fabulous adventures. These two sure know how to dream. I hope they make their dreams come true. Check it out.

By the way, and nothing to do with the above, I received a letter from John McCain yesterday. He wants me to send him thirty five bucks so he can "tell the truth". Hmmm. Why didn't he say before? If that's all it would take I would have sent him some truth dollars before.

So if you want to make a grumpy old man happy you have two choices...
  1. Send John McCain $35.
  2. Write an entry for my Sailing Bucket List Group Writing Project.
Your choice.

9 comments:

Litoralis said...

How does the Apathy Index affect the ten-year treasury yield?

Tillerman said...

It doesn't care.

Zen said...

It is worth going to s/v Clarity's site just to check out the header pix

Zen said...

It could be because people just did their "goals" not too long ago, response is low...

or everyone is so stuck on the election drama...

PeconicPuffin said...

Hey I got dissed the last (and first) time I handed in an assignment. I put Tillerdom in the Peconic limelight with full fawning and got nothing but foam! So no post from me, but for inside blogball here is a list:

1. Windsurf by Frogma Bonnie while she's in her Romany.
2. Windsurf with an old friend who I haven't seen in ages who sails out of Fogland, and catch Sir Tillermeister on the water.
3. Have lunch again with Messing with Sailboats Adam (that's actually gonna happen in a week or so).
4. See a fresh photo of Horse Joe sailing.

Tillerman said...

Geeze Puffin, I did apologize for overlooking your excellent Innovation post in the first version of my wrap-up summary of all the contributions. And I did quickly correct my error once you pointed it out. And I had already given one plug to your post, putting you in the Tillerdom limelight with full fawning. So please don't bear a grudge because an old geezer made one little mistake.

Now get your windsurfer off my beach!

Tillerman said...

Zen, yes indeed. The picture on the header of the s/v Clarity site is worthy of inclusion in one of Joe's Weekend Wahine posts.

You may be right about the "Goals" subject being too similar to this one. But I was hoping that "must do before I die" goals would be a different thing from "must do this year" goals for most folk. Maybe I was wrong.

Zen said...

It could be depend on the election many consider "must before I die" and "must do this year" the same

LOL

The O'Sheas said...

I would sent that cranky old [redacted] thirty-five bucks if I'd only known. When did the Straight Talk Express turn into the Cynical Submarine? About the time Rove and cronies came aboard? Sigh.

That's Kris in St. Maarten, posing at the request of the french catamaran's captain. She'd like to add to our list that she wants to make the trip to St. Maarten some day without having to land on that postage stamp runway.

Aloha!

Post a Comment