Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner

"Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" is the title of this month's group writing project.

The challenge is to tell the world (via your blog or this blog) which sailor or sailors, living or dead, real or fictional you would like to invite to a dinner party.

Maybe you would like to meet famous nautical explorers from history, or admirals who won major sea battles, or racing sailors who won epic races? Perhaps you think that sailors who made major contributions to the sport in yacht design or in various technical innovations would make fascinating dinner companions? Or perhaps you just want to have dinner with your local club champion, the old lady that runs the junior sailing program, and a few of your favorite sailing bloggers?

It's up to you. The only limit is your own imagination. I'm sure we would also be interested to hear why you selected these particular folk to invite to dinner, and if there are any particular questions you would like to ask them. Will they just be people you would like to meet, or will you be trying to set up some interesting interactions between your guests? Maybe you would even like to share with us what the menu would be at this special dinner. Take this idea where you will...

Same rules as usual...


1. Write a post on your blog on the subject of "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner".

2. Once you've posted your invitation list, let me know about it by sending an email to tillermeister@gmail.com including a link to your post. If you don't have a blog just email me your list and I will post it here. Please let me know about your post, or send me your article, by Sunday 23 November. Choose a unique title for your article please, not just a repeat of GWCTD.

3. I will post here two links to your article. Every day or so I will write a post listing any new entries in the project. Then at the end of the project I will provide a summary post with links to all of your lists.

Please participate in this project. Do it for fun. Do it to so that new readers will find your blog. Do it to educate, amuse, inform and entertain the rest of us.

Look forward to hearing from you.

5 comments:

WeSailFurther said...

sweet!

Another chance to post my favorite picture ever with the most famous person I've ever met: Edward's Pacific Cup nemesis Paul Cayard!

I'm definitely into this one! SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM!

I'll stop yelling now.

Sweet!

EVK4 said...

I got this one...

And the invite list will be *shocking*!

EVK4 said...

Sir, my post is done. Dinner at the Lady Bug Lounge. Please consider it for publication in your blog.

JP said...

'tis done, have published my contribution.

Alas no mention of Paul Cayard, but hopefully it will still be acceptable.

docemdy said...

I know nothing about sailing but this is one group writing project I got to sink my teeth into. Dinner is served.

Post a Comment