Two of them At Last and Quiet Please were actually about sailing, real live sailing, boat on the water, me in the boat, sailing stuff that really happened to me, what this blog is supposed to be about.
Three of them were sorta kinda about politics. One Man One Vote? showed a couple of maps illustrating some facts about how America elects a president. The Undecided Voter and The New Commodore were allegories about a fictional yacht club reflecting on the election this week.
Even though most of my readers come here because they are sailors, or are at least somewhat interested in sailing...
- the posts about sailing attracted 2 comments in total
- the posts about the election attracted 51 comments.
Hmmm. What am I supposed to conclude from this?
- Tillerman is a really bad sailing writer.
- It is hard to write about sailing in an interesting way but Tillerman still sucks at it.
- Politics is more interesting than sailing, even for sailors.
- Tillerman should quit writing about sailing and start a new fictional blog about the goings-on of the new commodore and staff at USYC.
- Tillerman should move to Hawaii and take up body-surfing.
Update: At the suggestion of Mr Greg Andkris there is now a poll over there >>>> where you can vote on the future direction of this blog.