Friday, April 01, 2011

Rum and Guava




A couple of weeks ago I wrote a post about a cruising blog called The World Tour with Alex and Taru. I couldn't quite put my finger on why I found it so fascinating. I'm still no clearer on the answer to this burning question. In the past two weeks there have been posts on The World Tour about phones and amp-hours and fishing and watermelon, all subjects in which I have no interest whatsoever. Why do people like watermelon? It tastes like water to me.

And yet, I am still addicted to The World Tour.

Why?

Oh yes. There was a recipe for rum and guava. Apparently the secret is to mix rum and fresh guava juice. Who would have thunk it?

I do like rum.

Maybe that's it?

2 comments:

Joe said...

Hmmm, I wonder why I like their blog? Oh really, dios mio, I'm not going to pretend. Of course I know exactly why I like Alex and Taru's World Tour. Can you say Taru? I might be married, but I'm not dead.

Good night, Mrs Calabash, wherever you are!

Tillerman said...

You could be right. She is a very good writer. I loved her post about polishing the stanchions. Nobody else can capture the romance of polishing the stanchions like Taru can.

Post a Comment