Thursday, May 24, 2012

Go the F**k Home

As regular readers of this blog will have gathered, the theme of the blog for this month has been PLAY. Every day in May (so far) I have written a post on this topic.

It's been pretty easy really. Since I decided to give up working for a living a few years back, pretty much everything I do is play.

Sailing is play.

Running is play.

Blogging is play.

Gardening is play.

Playing with grandkids is playing with grandkids.

Sitting on our deck with my wife on a Wednesday evening, enjoying a bottle of wine while we watch sailboats racing and the sun setting is...  well, it's a lot better than being at work.

But I realize that many of my readers are still working to make enough money so that one day they can go home and play.

I also know for a fact that most of you read this blog during the hours you should be working.

This video is for you.

The bit of it I like best is the part where she says if you can't name at least two things you are doing outside work then you don't have a life.

And the way she keeps saying, "Go the F**k home!"





10 comments:

JP said...

Now that deserves a like button. Alas her theory doesn't work if in an SME and client gets bolshie but a good objective.

Note: didn't watch at work as went home on time today :)

Anonymous said...

But I work from home

Erin said...

Sailing IS my work and I love that video! Thanks for sharing.

Tillerman said...

People whose work IS sailing are en exception to the rule. They shouldn't ever go home.

O Docker said...

We Philadelphians are known for our eloquence.

Fred said...

You got me. It´s Friday noon and I look up your blog at work. Afterwards I will check in with the VOR and than I have lot´s to do to get my C/R ready for the takeover by the new owner. Should call all that: PLAY.

Tillerman said...

She says there's plenty of things to do in Philadpelphia?

Hmm.

You can always go and look at that bell with my name on it.

Anonymous said...

Wednesday was a nice night to be watching the boats and sunset on Mount Hope Bay. Way nicer than the previous FOGGY wednesday ; )

Tillerman said...

It certainly was.

I watched that fog bank come in on Wednesday last week and cover the whole bay while the fleet was racing. I hope everyone got home safely!

Anonymous said...

It was interesting, to say the least, I had neglected to check the batteries in our handheld/ONLY GPS and it was in operative ;(

All racers managed to return safely home after the race. You should join us some wednesday night, allways room for extra talent :)

S/V Selah

Post a Comment