Sunday, December 28, 2014
This weekend I tried a new sport…
1. I have never done this before in my life.
2. I did it with one of my sons. He had done it before.
3. I wasn't very good at it.
4. But I had this feeling that with a little tuition and a lot more more practice, I might one day be good enough to enjoy doing this.
5. After two sessions, I looked up the sport on the Interwebs and discovered I had been doing some of the basic things totally wrong. Duh! My son didn't even tell me. Bad boy!!!
6. There's an element of danger if you don't follow some basic safety rules.
7. it doesn't require quite as much equipment and special clothing as sailing does.
8. This sport has a combination of tradition and technology - a bit like sailing.
9. It's a sport at the World Masters Games. Woo hoo! If I work at it I could be a masters world champion! (Let's face it. I'm never going to be a world masters champion at Laser sailing.)
10. One of the bloggers I follow has been trying it recently too.
Can you guess what sport it was?
If I took up this sport on a regular basis, I would probably want to blog about it. What would be a good title for such a blog?
Posted by Tillerman at 6:37 PM