Thursday, May 14, 2015

The Aeros Have Landed

The first three RS Aeros for the Boston RS Aero fleet were delivered to my house in Rhode Island today, thanks to Scott Hardy of The Boat Locker.

My two friends and I ordered these boats over a year ago in March of 2014. It has been a long wait but, to be fair to RS Sailing, the order form did say, "A $500 deposit secures your build slot for supply earliest Spring 2015 and is fully refundable subject to test sail if required."

I had a chance to sail the RS Aero on several days at Minorca Sailing last fall and my two friends were able to check out the RS Aero demo boat from the Boat Locker on several test sails in March and April this year. So RS Sailing have delivered exactly what they promised. It's Spring 2015 and the boats are here.

My boat, RS Aero 1421, is now sitting in my garage all rigged and ready to go, and the other two RS Aeros are already on their way to their new homes in Massachusetts.

This year will be different.

Watch this space.


3 comments:

Vadim Movchan said...

Congratulations!

Deborah said...

So exciting! Can't wait to read about your adventures. My boat will be going in on Tuesday - can't wait - what a fun summer it will be!

my2fish said...

Awesome - looking forward to hearing how it sails for you, and to see how the class continues to grow.

Post a Comment