Thursday, September 22, 2016

Castello Scaligero Malcesine - Quiz



Tillerwoman and I are currently staying in Malcesine on Lake Garda in Italy.

That's Malcesine in the foreground in the picture. The prominent castle is the Castello Scaligero. It's been there an awful long time.

I am sailing in a little RS Aero regatta on the lake later in the week, but on Wednesday I did some husbandly sightseeing things with Tillerwoman.

In the afternoon we climbed to the top of the tower at the castle.



We are staying in a hotel on the lakefront a little further up the lake.

Captain JP of the eponymous Captain JP's Log suggested that we have a quiz about what Tillerwoman had for dinner.

OK.



What did Tillerwoman have for dessert at dinner on Wednesday this week, and what did she have to drink with it?

Clue #1: The dessert was green.

Clue #2: The drink was clear.

Blame Captain JP.

8 comments:

JP said...

I suggested an "update" not "quiz"!!

But I'll go for pistachio ice cream and grappa unless she went off-piste and had Cassatella di Sant'Agata or something.

Epic views, btw.


Damian said...

I've asked my 4-year-old daughter, and she reckons Tillerwoman would have had some Apple flavoured jelly and a cup of water.

Given that you're in a country famed for its cuisine, and you're on holiday and therefore probably treating yourselves, I reckon she's nailed it.

Alden Smith said...

Lime icecream and a glass of iced lemonade.

Tillerman said...

JP almost has it.

The drink was grappa (of course.)

And the green color did come from pistachios. But it wasn't ice cream. Something more typically Italian than that. Not frozen..

JP said...

What is more Italian than ice cream? Maybe tiramisu with pistachios on top? Or those rather nice sweet Italian pastries

Tijuana taxi said...

Gelato, and you do have very nice knees, I snuck a glance when you were cleaning your charter.

Tillerman said...

Thank you Tijuana taxi. And thanks for the loan of your rag to clean my charter. I never even noticed you checking out my knees. But I did notice how you managed to sneak past me just before the finish of the second race. Well sailed, sir!

Tillerman said...

Panna cotta is the answer. Green panna cotta.

Post a Comment