Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Blocked

I ran out of steam in mid-September and fell victim to the dreaded "blogger's block". I've no idea why. I've still been sailing and have all sorts of ideas that would be good blog material buzzing around in my head.

The last post I wrote was a parody of another blog. At the time I thought it would be fun to write a regatta report in the style of the writer of Soulsailor. Maybe that's what screwed me up.

Perhaps I'm being punished by the great blogger in the sky for daring to make fun of another member of the small community of racing sailor bloggers.

Or maybe that post was the first symptom of blogger's block. Unable to find anything original to say in my own words I had to steal another blogger's style.

Or perchance that post was not a symptom but a cause. Having made a feeble attempt to imitate another blogger's voice, I lost my own voice.

Over a month has gone by. So, whatever the cause of my malady, I beg forgiveness from the heavenly blogger -- and from Soulsailor - and pray that the block will shatter.

1 comment:

Ant said...

Groover, SoulSailor forgives, shit happens and then you go blank... i'm in the same boat, well an Enterprise actually......

Post a Comment