Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Two of Us Wearing Raincoats




Two more entries today in May's group writing project Please Please Me in which I invited you to write posts inspired by Beatles song titles or Beatles song lyrics.

Carol Anne of Five O'Clock Somewhere has followed up her first entry of The Long and Winding Road with More long and winding roads, a post about the various routes that she and her husband can take across wild and woolly New Mexico on the long journey between their home in Albuquerque and their sailing club at Heron Lake.

Meanwhile Pandabonium wrote If The Rain Comes about the expected arrival in Japan of Typhoon Songda and the rain it would dump on the earthquake damaged areas of north-eastern Japan.

The official end date for the group writing project was yesterday but I am leaving it open for a few more days, not least because the black-bikini-obsessed old man of Tiverton has a few more ideas for posts on this theme himself. Full details of how to enter at Please Please Me.

2 comments:

O Docker said...

Maybe I'm getting old.

I don't remember things the way I used to and sometimes I repeat myself.

I just noticed that there's a blog on your blogroll called ManCaveAlpha. It may have been there for a long time, but this is the first time that I noticed it. I don't remember things the way I used to and sometimes I repeat myself.

The blogger at ManCaveAlpha, who is both a pilot and a sailor, wrote a very nice post a few weeks ago titled She's Leaving Home that is interwoven with lines from Beatles songs. Not too surprisingly, it's about his daughter growing up and leaving home and actually contains some sailing related content. Did I mention that it's a very nice post?

You may have recognized this post before but I don't remember things the way I used to and sometimes I repeat myself.

Anyway, I thought you and your readers should know about this post, anyway.

I don't remember things the way I used to and sometimes I repeat myself.

Maybe I'm getting old.

Tillerman said...

Well spotted O Docker. ManCaveAlpha was recently added to my blogroll by my blogroll maintenance android Arvin. I have programmed him with a new rule which says if a blogger not currently on my blogroll enters one of my writing projects then that blogger should be added to the blogroll.

I did acknowledge that very nice post She's Leaving Home in my May 20 roundup of project entries One and One and One is Three the title of which is, as I am sure you know, from the Beatles song Come Together.

Post a Comment