Sunday, August 07, 2011


(7/9) Latest NWS Marine FX by KBOX
Valid through 8/7/2011 9:15 PM local time.
buzzards bay-
925 am edt sun aug 7 2011
...small craft advisory in effect until 8 pm edt this evening...
.this afternoon...s winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt.
seas 2 to 4 ft. showers. a slight chance of tstms. patchy fog.


Pandabonium said...

Sounds like the Native American weather we used to get in California: Apache fog along the coast.

Doc Häagen-Dazs said...

Panda, I don't remember any tstms (whatever that is) around here, on the left wing coast. Only thing that cancells a race here are earth quakes and fires.

Baydog said...

Looks like you may be able to tend to your Native American vegetation in your yard instead.

Tillerman said...

It's pouring with rain here this morning. I went over to the regatta site this morning and on the way the weather radio in the car said that "numerous thunderstorms" with 25 knot gusts were forecast for Buzzards Bay this morning. The SIs say that no race can start after 2pm. It's about a two mile sail out to the race area. There are hundreds of kids in 420s and Radials at the regatta.

Factoring in all of the above I decided that there is a high probability that (much as I was looking forward to a 25 knot hikefest) there will be no racing today, and so rather than sit around in a muddy field in the rain for several hours until the race committee arrives at that decision, I packed up my boat and came home.

Baydog, the beauty of having a native American wildflower patch (the flowers are native American species - nothing to do with Indians) is that it hardly needs any tending. By definition, nothing in it (or perhaps everything in it) is a weed.

Tillerman said...

BBR via Facebook announced 10 minutes ago...

"Two racing circles cancelled. 420 and Lasers will be scored through Saturday along with V15."

Looks like I made the right call!

Post a Comment