Monday, August 06, 2012

Mr. Happy





Sam Chapin wrote a blog post a few weeks ago, Laser Sailors Look For Happiness, in which he talked about a 21 day program dreamed up by some Harvard professor that is supposed to make you happy.

One of the the things that is supposed to make you happy is to do 30 minutes of exercise every day for 21 days.

Hmmm.



Here is what I did in the last 7 days...

  • Monday. Ran 10 miles.
  • Tuesday. Went Laser sailing.
  • Wednesday. Went Laser sailing again.
  • Thursday. Ran 30 minutes.
  • Friday. Sailed my Laser in the Buzzards Bay Regatta.
  • Saturday. Sailed my Laser in the Buzzards Bay Regatta.
  • Sunday. Sailed my Laser in the Buzzards Bay Regatta.



Why do I feel so tired today?


4 comments:

my2fish said...

tired I can understand.

but, more importantly... are you now happy?

you've completed a third of the Harvardian recommendation... are you at least a third happier?

Tillerman said...

It's hard to measure happiness. I am generally happy most of the time these days.

And even if I were a third happier how would I know that following the Harvardian recommendation was the cause?

The weather is fine and sunny today with lower humidity than at the weekend. That makes me happy.

I spent some time with my grandkids this weekend after sailing too. That always makes me happy.

You left a comment on this blogpost. That makes me happy.

I had some Marmite with my lunch. That makes me happy.

More research is needed.

Sam Chapin said...

The thing about writting it down made me sure to do all the things.
The good turns were hardest for me to get done. Some days two or three, but every day?

George A said...

Here's a couple quotes on the subject of happiness:

“Happiness is good health and a bad memory.”—Ingrid Bergman

"When I was 5 years old my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life." - John Lennon

Post a Comment