Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Who said it?
1. The art of winning is not in winning, but in winning so that the rest of fleet are pleased you have won.
2. It will give an idea of my approach to sailing when I say I measure distance in bottles of liquor.
3. Training accumulates. It's like money in the bank.
4. Let this be your motto - Rely on yourself!
For, whether the prize be a ribbon or throne,
The victor is he who can go it alone!
5. Success is simply the extension and utilization of an an entire series of failures.
6. Starting a boat in a large fleet is like playing Russian roulette with five bullets instead of one. One mistake and the finish is very quick.
7. In life, as in surfing, there are waves that if you dare to ride them will kill you, and there are waves that will give you the ride of your life... All we are really doing in our short time on this big round ball is paddling around trying to figure out which ones are which.
8. If there is one characteristic which all winners share, it is impatience with, and intolerance for, losing.
9. I had been sailing for years before I realized that most people with boats are liars.
10. Oh what a luxury it be
how exquisite, what perfect bliss
so ordinary yet chic
to pee to piss to take a leak.
A few rules...
a) Answers in the comments please.
b) No using search engines before Friday. See quote #1.
c) Only one answer per person before Friday.
d) One additional answer per person on Friday.
e) Then it's a free-for-all.
Don't be an asshole and spoil the quiz for everyone else by using the Google to answer all the questions within the first hour or two like the first commenter on this quiz.
Posted by Tillerman at 5:49 PM