Friday, November 15, 2013

12 Reasons to go to Bitter End Yacht Club

This winter is brutal. One day this week I saw some snow flurries. And yesterday, when I went for my run, the temperature barely got out of the 50s.

I can't stand it any more.

I need to escape to the sunshine.

So today I booked up to go to the Bitter End Yacht Club in the BVI in December.



Here are the top 12 reasons why I need to go to the Bitter End Yacht Club. And so can you.

  1. BEYC is one of the top 9 sailing destinations on the planet
  2. Mimosas, callaloo, rum grog, a hammock, weird sailors
  3. Tillerwoman will sail with me at BEYC
  4. Snorkelers do it through a tube
  5. The out of bounds experience
  6. Hobie Wave racing
  7. Length matters
  8. Classic Lasers
  9. Laser sailing
  10. Laser racing
  11. Rum
  12. Because every year counts


8 comments:

B.J. Porter said...

We were there for a while last year, the rally we traveled down to the BVI's with worked a deal where we got moorings and use of the facilities for a while.

We liked the happy hour over at Saba Rock a lot, but we had a dinghy to get over there.

Doc Häagen-Dazs said...

From my POV, Two reasons should be elevated above all of the others:
#3 (because of #1) and #12. Hands down. All of the others are secondary.

Baydog said...

Did they charge you for the broken mast?

Tillerman said...

Good point Doc. I do think those are the main reason we keep going back.

Baydog. No. I wasn't charged. As I recall guests aren't charged for damage up to a few hundred dollars, and then for a small extra insurance charge you are covered for unlimited damage and mayhem. Of course the mast wasn't my fault anyway. And it happened while I was leading a race!

R W Rawles said...

Tillerwoman is a looker. Clearly your better half!

Tillerman said...

No argument there R W Rawles. It's not even close.

JP said...

Now that sounds very good. Either that or skiing.

Tillerman said...

I am hoping I am actually going to fit in skiing this winter too.

Post a Comment