Friday, November 15, 2013

12 Reasons to go to Bitter End Yacht Club

This winter is brutal. One day this week I saw some snow flurries. And yesterday, when I went for my run, the temperature barely got out of the 50s.

I can't stand it any more.

I need to escape to the sunshine.

So today I booked up to go to the Bitter End Yacht Club in the BVI in December.

Here are the top 12 reasons why I need to go to the Bitter End Yacht Club. And so can you.

  1. BEYC is one of the top 9 sailing destinations on the planet
  2. Mimosas, callaloo, rum grog, a hammock, weird sailors
  3. Tillerwoman will sail with me at BEYC
  4. Snorkelers do it through a tube
  5. The out of bounds experience
  6. Hobie Wave racing
  7. Length matters
  8. Classic Lasers
  9. Laser sailing
  10. Laser racing
  11. Rum
  12. Because every year counts


B.J. Porter said...

We were there for a while last year, the rally we traveled down to the BVI's with worked a deal where we got moorings and use of the facilities for a while.

We liked the happy hour over at Saba Rock a lot, but we had a dinghy to get over there.

Doc Häagen-Dazs said...

From my POV, Two reasons should be elevated above all of the others:
#3 (because of #1) and #12. Hands down. All of the others are secondary.

Baydog said...

Did they charge you for the broken mast?

Tillerman said...

Good point Doc. I do think those are the main reason we keep going back.

Baydog. No. I wasn't charged. As I recall guests aren't charged for damage up to a few hundred dollars, and then for a small extra insurance charge you are covered for unlimited damage and mayhem. Of course the mast wasn't my fault anyway. And it happened while I was leading a race!

R W Rawles said...

Tillerwoman is a looker. Clearly your better half!

Tillerman said...

No argument there R W Rawles. It's not even close.

JP said...

Now that sounds very good. Either that or skiing.

Tillerman said...

I am hoping I am actually going to fit in skiing this winter too.

Post a Comment