Saturday, September 13, 2014

RS Aero Tidbits



Thanks to the author of the Reaching Broadly blog for posting a summary of a French Review of the RS Aero.

It's from the French sailing magazine Bateaux, and as far as I can tell the original article is only available if you fork out 5 Euros for access. I'm sure Keep Reaching has captured the main points so if you are interested in the RS Aero, check out his article.

I see there's also another French review of the RS Aero at BreizhSkiff.com but I didn't learn a lot there I didn't know already.

Closer to home, I understand that the first two RS Aeros will be arriving in the US at the end of this month in time for the Annapolis Boat Show on Oct 9-13, which I guess will serve as the official US launch of the boat. Another eight boats should be delivered to the East Coast distributor in October so we should be able to have some demos around here soon.

In other good news, Minorca Sailing now has an RS Aero so I may well have my first opportunity to sail an Aero there on what has become our annual pilgrimage to Menorca in the early fall.

Just think, we could be holding the first RS Aero races in the Western Hemisphere some time in November! Perhaps we could even call it a regatta and award an orange coffee pot to the winner?


6 comments:

R3 said...

I thought that it was interesting that the first French review was by someone who likes windsurfing, kitesurfing and sport catamarans, and the second one was by a skiff sailor. It's not only aging Laser sailors who are checking out the RS Aero!

Tillerman said...

What do you mean - "aging" Laser sailors? I will have you know I am not "aging." I've already aged.

Pandabonium said...

Aged - perhaps like a fine Brie de Meaux, Tillerman. But presumably not as smelly. :-)

Tillerman said...

Panda, that's the nicest thing anyone has said about me in years.

Baydog said...

Aged - perhaps like a fine Brie de Meaux, Tillerman. But presumably not as smelly. ;)

Tillerman said...

Is there an echo in here?

Post a Comment