Saturday, February 09, 2008

Sail Away



I've never been much of a fan of Eithne Patricia Ní Bhraonáin and her soporific multi-tracked over-dubbed breathy new age chants, but I have to confess there is something about Orinoco Flow that appeals to me. It was actually the first track on the CD of "pump me up to go sailing" songs that I made to play on the way to sailing regattas.

Not that Eithne had the power to put me in the mood to go and blast around on a Laser in 25 knots. Rather her "let me sail, let me crash, let me reach, let me beach" mantra had the effect of cleansing my mind ready for the real start-me-up tracks that followed. A bit like a good mouthwash for the brain. And I have a feeling that "soporific" is exactly what I'm going to need before the 14 hour flight across the Pacific tomorrow night.

The video is quite cute too. How many of the locations can you identify?

2 comments:

Menchuvian Candidate said...

A few shots in the beginning were clearly of paradise:)

Now you've made me curious-what are the other tracks on your CD?

Anonymous said...

I've made you curious? Good. That was the idea. I'm planning to blog about every track when I come back from Australia at the rate of about one a week - especially if I can find a good video to accompany each one.

Watch this space.

Post a Comment