Surely the Internet was invented for sailors?
Just think of all the things we do with it...
- Research what kind of boat to buy
- Buy a boat
- Read forums to learn how to maintain a boat
- Read forums to learn how to sail a boat
- Join a class association
- Research a sailing club to join
- Find out when and where regattas are being run
- Sign up for regattas
- Book travel to go to regattas
- Book places to stay when attending regattas
- Check out the weather forecast before we go sailing
- Check tide tables
- Study on-line charts
- Read scores of regattas we attended
- Book vacations at sailing resorts
- Read sailing news
- Buy sailing gear, parts, clothes, gizmos, toys...
- Practice with an online multi-player sailing simulator
- Learn about the Racing Rules by doing quizzes
- Read blogs about sailing
- Write a blog about sailing
- Email friends to agree when to go sailing
- View the Olympics
- Track ocean races in real time
- Sell a boat
The list is endless. How did we manage without it?
What did I miss? What's your favorite use of the Internet to support your sailing addiction?
Coming soon... Tillerman's #1 Best Sailing Innovation Ever