Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Top Ten Thoughts That Went Through My Mind As I Tried To Think of Something To Write For The April Group Writing Project
10. Sailing in the Second Space Age? Who thought up that subject?
9. 2035? Let's see I'll be.... ummm.... 87.
8. What's the chance I'll still be sailing a Laser when I'm 87?
7. Maybe I could write about all the operations I will need... artificial hips, artificial knees, artificial eyes... to still be sailing Lasers then. Eyes? They will have complete artificial eye implants by 2035 won't they?
6. Let's see, Peter Seidenberg will be 97. He'll probably still be beating me.
5. Maybe I could just write about one of my grandkids? Emily 'Bones' Garvey - doctor of space medicine on the 2034 UNASA mission to Phobos - first woman to land on a Martian moon.
4. Or I could write about the continuing decline of sailing, and how the average of age of yacht club members is now 89, and how we need to find a way of attracting the youngsters in their 60's into the sport.
3. Or maybe a spoof on all those wooden boat nostalgia blogs with a post about how old duffers in 2035 are spending their time restoring classic fiberglass dinghies from the 1960's and 70's.... the beautiful sheen on polished gelcoat... the evocative scent of polyester resin...
2. Geeze. This subject is hard.
1. Who said I have to write an entry myself anyway?
Posted by Tillerman at 3:44 PM