1. Pelote Basque. When it made its sole appearance in the Olympics, Spain was awarded the gold medal by beating France.
2. Tug of War. This was an Olympic sport in five Olympic Games (1900, 1904, 1908, 1912, and 1920).
3. Croquet. First appeared in 1900. Then it was removed from the Olympics altogether.
4. Powerboating. This was only played during the 1908 Olympics. Only two competitors joined the three events with one competitor actually finishing each race.
5. Keelboat racing. Declared extinct as an Olympic sport by the International Sailing Federation at their meeting in St. Petersburg in May 2011.