Sunday, May 01, 2011

O

Regular readers of this blog will know that one of my all-time favorite blogs is the one written by the Bard of Berkeley, the mysterious character known as O Docker. His stories about frayed lines, popcorn, Barry Manilow, and the occasional bit of boat maintenance on O Dock are legendary. I am sure he he has a huge world-wide following of fans. He's probably even more popular than Donald Trump.

But I didn't know until Friday that one of his groupies is a member of the British Royal Family. At "that wedding" last week, Her Royal Highness Princess Beatrice Elizabeth Mary of York made her adoration for O Docker clear and plain by wearing a fascinator that proudly displayed the symbol beloved of O's fans everywhere... the simple elegant letter "O".




10 comments:

JP said...

It's not all about hats....

Tillerman said...

No, O Docker's blog is certainly not all about hats. Although his profile used to display a picture of him wearing a Viking helmet. I think O Docker is definitely a hat person.

Mike said...

Ah, ‘O Docker’, I thought it was a door knocker.

“But only a host of phantom listeners
That dwelt in the lone house then”

O Docker said...

I can understand the royal family being envious of the lush comforts available on O Dock, but this homage was entirely unexpected.

The princess' remarkable hat has caused quite a stir amongst my dockmates, though. They're considering abandoning their usual Flemish coils and finishing their dock lines in this new 'English coil' of hers.

Mojo said...

And the Grinch grabbed the tree, and he started to shove,
When he heard a small sound like the coo of a dove.
He turned around fast, and he saw a small Who!
Little Cindy-Lou Who, who was not more than two...

... separated at birth?

my2fish said...

she is blessed with some HUGE teeth.

Tillerman said...

Apparently, she has her father's teeth and her mother's hair and her great great great great great great grandfather George's mental health.

bonnie said...

Meanwhile, back at the manor, the staff puzzled over what could have become of the decorative mirror that had hung on the wall on the landing of the west stairway for as long as anyone could remember.

Chris said...

We need a new word. (And thanks for introducing me to 'fascinator'.) This is a 'ridiculator'.

Tillerman said...

I first came across this "fascinator" concept at my eldest son's wedding which was about 7 years ago (I think.) Some of the ladies there were wearing them. But I'm not sure when or where they first originated.

Post a Comment