Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Absolutely Pointless Post About a Totally Meaningless Milestone


The 500,000th visitor stopped by this blog just before 5pm today. He or she was from Belfast in Northern Ireland and didn't stay long. Most people don't. Probably he or she was lost. Most people around here are.

It took 6 years of blogging and over 2,000 posts to reach this milestone. At the present level of interest the 1,000,000th visitor should arrive about 3 years from now.

I realize that the above information is of absolutely no interest to anyone except myself, and possibly my mother if she even knew what a blog was which she doesn't, and if she had Internet access from her nursing home which she doesn't either.

I think I will take a nap now.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

May I be the first to congratulate you on such a meaningl.... I mean momentous occasion. We do love you, Tillerman. Now go take that well-deserved nap.

Baydog said...

:)

Miguel Sanchis said...

Congratulations on the 500,000 visitors. Here in Brazil always follow your work. Miguel/conjuminando.com.br.

Annie said...

Congrats. I think it's awesome. See you at EVO 11. LOL!

Wavedancer said...

That bottle of fuzzy grape juice is well deserved, but first take your nap...

O Docker said...

I knew that Page Three was a good idea.

JP said...

Congratulations!

I was in a nursing home recently and the head nurse seemed surprised my first question was "what's the wifi key?"

Oh, and I checked but they had no Laser's

Tillerman said...

That's sad JP. Bu the nursing home just down the road does have a pub and a pool. Perhaps I should put my name down now?

Pandabonium said...

I was in Belfast once. Got drunk and stumbled out onto the road. I came upon a grave stone. I wondered about the person buried there. I rubbed the face of the stone and learned they died at 102! An exceptional age! I wondered who this long lived person could be and found the inscription "Miles". Oh, Miles, my good man. You lived such a full life. Where did you come from to be of such healthy stock? I wiped a bit a more grime from the ancient stone and learned the answer: from Dublin.

Then the bartender came out, grabbed my by the collar, and told me take my arm from around the highway milestone and get home to bed!

Tillerman said...

LOL Panda.

Smilicus said...

Congrats Tillerman......sure the 1000000th will be sooner than that. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

I find your blog most interesting and inspiring ..... Thanks !!

Post a Comment