Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Early Submissions in Group Writing Project




It was only yesterday that I challenged my readers (and myself) to write some posts inspired by the titles of Beatles songs or lines in Beatles lyrics. But time works in funny ways; it turns out that I, and at least one writer of a blog I follow, had already responded to that challenge before I had even issued it.

Back in 2008 I wrote Dear Prudence which was a post about a sail to Prudence Island and "around round look around round round there."

Then in 2009 I wrote a piece about John Lennon being a sailor and included a video of Watching the Wheels which summed up the spirit of my previous post and which has some delightful footage of John playing with his son Sean. OK OK OK. I know it's not a Beatles song; it was a John Lennon solo song. And I didn't make the title of the song the title of the post. So I hereby disqualify this post from winning the hat (if there is a hat.)

And last year I wrote Let It Be... Random which was about a sailing practice technique.

And only a few days ago, Jimmy Brunelle who writes one of the running blogs in my blogroll, Play, write, sing, run published a post titled I Am The Walrus which seems to be about coffee, cheese, croissants, a bear claw, man boobs, an armadillo, and a "walrus god named Lard." Wow!

These posts may have been too early but it's not too early or too late for you to participate in this group writing project. Full details at Please Please Me.

3 comments:

B.J. Porter said...

Hmmm, I started a thread like that over on Sailing Anarchy in April about fixing a hole where the rain gets in.

You might be psychic.

Tillerman said...

I am psychic BJ. I have this uncanny ability to predict the past.

my2fish said...

I've always preferred the version of "I Am The Walrus" by Jackyl.

but then again, I've never been a huge Beatles fan. my college roommate freshman year played them constantly - I think I got burnt out.

Post a Comment