Sunday, May 22, 2011

Things We Said Today

A few more entries today in this month's group writing project Please Please Me in which I invited you to write posts inspired by Beatles song titles or Beatles song lyrics...

Baydog who can be found at 829 South Drive has submitted I'm Only Sleeping (Finally) in which he tells us about how he (or maybe his dog - it's hard to keep track of which is which in some of Baydog's posts) found a cure for his "loud, obnoxious, walrus-like snoring." (Hmmm. I guess he could have called this post I am the Walrus.)




I'm Only Sleeping was on the Beatles' 1966 Revolver album in the UK and features the then-unique sound of a reversed guitar duet played by George, conceived after the tape operator accidentally threaded the tape into the machine upside down. Not many people know that.

Baydog also used a Beatles' song theme to write a post celebrating the 25th anniversary of his wedding to the beautiful Mrs. Baydog, And I Love Her. He did email me to tell me that this is not an entry in the group writing project but since when did I take any notice of what my readers want?


Pat who sails the Desert Sea has written an hilarious tale of sinkings and boat crashes and other nautical disasters complete with pictures, Helter Sailor. Helter Skelter was on the Beatles' White Album and was a deliberate effort by Paul to "create a sound as loud and dirty as possible." But everyone knows that, don't they?





Pat's post reminded me that I wrote a parody of Helter Skelter too a couple of years ago, I Got Blisters On My Fingers!. My version is about racing Lasers...


When I get to the bottom I go back to the top where I crash
And I tack and I turn and then I go for a splash
'Til I get to the bottom and I see you again, yeh, yeh yeh


There's still plenty of time for you to write a post inspired by a Beatles song and enter the contest. There might be a prize. Maybe a CD of me playing my guitar and singing Beatles songs? Second prize... two CDs of me playing my guitar and singing Beatles songs? Who knows? Full details of how to enter at Please Please Me. I Need You. Don't Let Me Down.

No comments:

Post a Comment