Thursday, February 11, 2016

Throwback Thursday - Emily - Sailor, Kayaker, Dancer



10 years ago, in February of 2006, I posted this picture of my granddaughter Emily, who was then a couple of months old.

I was obviously very thrilled at being a new grandfather. In that month I posted an imaginary conversation about Laser sailing with her, Hiking, and also a story about how I learned to play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star for her on an Octopus.



Well Emily didn't turn out to be a Laser sailor, at least not yet. But I have taken her sailing on my Laser a couple of times, the first time being this occasion in 2012.



More recently she has been showing some interest in kayaking. See Emily the Kayaker.



But her real passion these days is dancing. She goes to dancing lessons several times a week and competes in competitions sometimes too. Even at home it seems like she is always practicing her "moves."


She's come a long way in 10 years...


1 comment:

George A said...

If she likes to dance I'll bet she'd like figure skating. Get her some good skates.

Post a Comment