Friday, March 25, 2016

RS Aeros at the Gorge 2015



Here is a terrific video by Yannick Gloster of the big RS Aero event at the Columbia River Gorge last year.

Wait.

What's this?

Who is that sailor in the white cap who comes into view at around 0:33?

Woo hoo! It's me! Look at me Mom!


Conclusive proof that I was actually in front of some other boats some of the time!



Yannick is clearly very confused as to why he is behind me, so a few seconds later he decides to capsize his boat and take a good look at what might be wrong with the bottom of his hull.







Just before 2:00 another sailor capsizes near a buoy. I think it could be me. Thank god it's too far away to read my sail number and make a positive identification. But I did spend a lot of time practicing my capsize recoveries in the last race of Day1.




Hmmm. That kid looks way too happy as he flashes a grin at the old geezer struggling in the water he has just passed.



Check out the whole video for an excellent insight into a regatta that was one of the most enjoyable events of my sailing year last year. It's got me all fired up about going out west again for the RS Aero US Nationals in August.

Thanks Yannick.

Look forward to seeing you there too.


1 comment:

Skippy said...

Looks like a great time!

The tulips are done blooming and it's going to be 70 degrees this week. The boat is out of the garlic shed and ready for bottom and hull paint.

Hope to see everyone come out this year.

John on the west end of the Columbia Gorge

Post a Comment