Monday, April 25, 2016

Laser Radial Masters Worlds 2016 - Nuevo Vallarta, Mexcio



I think I sailed in six Laser Masters World Championships from 2000 to 2010 - in Mexico, UK, USA, Spain (twice) and Australia.

I have been telling myself the last few years that, in spite of having had some amazing sailing experiences at those events, I've got it out of my system, that I have no desire to go to any more Masters Worlds.

I even compare it to running marathons. Glad I did that three times. Don't feel the need to do any more.



This video almost makes me want to change my mind, to actually do some more Laser Masters Worlds.

Is it the enthusiasm of the sailors?

Is it those gorgeous sailing conditions?

Or perhaps it's the band?



And I hear that next year the Masters Worlds will be in Australia.

Tillerwoman always likes an excuse to visit the land of her birth.

Maybe I will do it for her?



I don't know what's come over me.

Perhaps I should consider training for one more marathon too?



6 comments:

Barubi said...

One of my club members competed in the Mexico Great Grand Masters and I look forward to his stories.
You may remember surf at the Terrigal masters, well my brother broke the back of a Flying Dutchman in the seas off Adelaide. Of course, if the sailing is too dangerous you can always dive with the Great White sharks across the gulf at at Port Lincoln.
Come on down, you'll have great stories from Adelaide.

Tillerman said...

Ripper!

Skippy said...

Banderas Bay is a great racing venue. And it has my favorite dish. Scallops, shrimp and lobster in a cream sauce - put into a hollowed out 1/2 pineapple (baked until sweet) and broiled cheese on top. Almost as good as the Tequila.

Tillerman said...

I am sure they have scallops, shrimp and lobster in a cream sauce - put into a hollowed out 1/2 pineapple (baked until sweet) and broiled cheese on top in Australia too Skippy. Probably with beets (aka beetroot in real English.) On our trip to Australia in 2000 everything was served with beetroot. I think Australia was suffering from a surfeit of beetroot that year.

Anonymous said...

I left the class after the brazilian nationals last year because I was not fit enough to sail a standard at 53 years old. When I watch the radials I think about to come back to the Lasers even I live in very light wind place.

Tillerman said...

I wasn't fit enough to sail a standard rig Laser when I was 33 years old. And here i am still sailing one 34 years later. If a thing is worth doing it's worth doing badly. That's my excuse and I am sticking to it.

Post a Comment