Anyway, to celebrate American Thanksgiving Day, here is a Boating Blog Trivia Holiday Quiz. The answer to each question is the name of a boating blog or blogger. Clue: somewhere in the sidebar of this blog there are links to all the blogs referenced in the questions.
1. Which blog is written by a sailor who recently achieved a speed of 21.8 knots in a foiler Moth?
2. Which blog included this picture in a post about safety procedures?
3. Which blog is written by a sailor who has just launched an official Laser Olympic Campaign with the motto "Velox Ocius Pango"?
4. Which sailing blog posted this picture of a monster spider ready to devour London?
5. Who wrote earlier this month about losing her "New Jersey virginity"?
6. What's the name of the blog whose writer owns a boat named "Miracle or Jedi Mind Trick"?
7. Which boating blogger recently used this quote from the classic British TV series "Fawlty Towers"?
Well, may I ask what you expected to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window?
Sydney Opera House perhaps?
The Hanging Gardens of Babylon?
Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically across the plain…”- Basil Fawlty
8. Step forward for civilization. The writer of this blog has recently been training in China where he took this picture and posted it on his blog. Who is he?
9. Which sailing blog posted this vintage picture of Fish on Friday?
10. And finally, which sailing blog recently posted this anatomically correct picture as a public service to folk who ponder the mermaid problem?
If you know all the answers please don't ruin everyone else's fun by posting all the answers to the quiz in the comments. One answer per person please.
Happy Thanksgiving Day everyone.