Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Holy Cow!


Holy cow! The response to my request for photos of Sailing in the City has been tremendous. Thanks to everyone who has responded so far. And a special thanks to Scuttlebutt for passing on my request for photos to their readers.

I'm going to publish the photos here organized in separate posts for each city. Several people have submitted multiple photos; in these cases I will post the picture from their collection that I like the best and if the others are on another blog post a link to that blog.

One thing that's already obvious. San Francisco is a superb location for sailing in front of a dramatic city skyline. Either that or there's something in the water there that motivates all the sailors to take out their cameras every time they go sailing. Several people have submitted photos of San Fran. I'll collect them all in a separate post tomorrow, along with other photos of other cities still in my inbox.

Meanwhile for your viewing pleasure, here are...

Sailing in Boston
Sailing in Cape Town
Sailing in New York
Sailing in San Diego
Sailing in Stockholm
Sailing in Sydney

Plenty of time to send me your photos of city sailing. Keep 'em coming.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another Boston photo.

Anonymous said...

Edward has some shots of SF.

evk4.blogspot.comhtt

Anonymous said...

Thanks eliboat. As I said in this post, I'm going to publish a post tomorrow with all of the San Francisco shots that I've been sent, including that dramatic first photo on Edward's blog yesterday.

EVK4 said...

Ah crap, I'm going to have to confess before some photography expert goes to town on the metadata in the photo. It is actually a picture of Angel Island. But there may be some SF skyscrapers on the periphery.

Post a Comment