Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Sailing in Sydney

I did say that if anyone submitted multiple photos for the Sailing in the City series I would only use the one that I judged to be the best of the bunch. But I'm going to make an exception for the following three photos emailed to me by Frank Grundman. These are absolutely the perfect examples of what I was looking for when I started this project: superb shots of sailing in front of magnificent city architecture... and in one of my all-time favorite cities in the world, Sydney. The photos are all of the JJ Giltinan 18 Ft Skiff International Championships, taken in different years.


Omega Smeg in front of the Sydney Opera House,
with their spinnaker mimicking the Opera House roof tops.

January 2004



AAPT sailing with the Opera House and
the Sydney Harbour Bridge in the background.
February 2005




Panasonic doing a cartwheel capsize
with the Harbour Bridge in the background.
February 2006





submitted by John Murray




submitted by Mal



2 comments:

Menchuvian Candidate said...

Ooh! I hadn't scrolled this far when I commented/tagged yesterday-but I'll second the admiration and affection for Sydney. Between the harbor, the beaches, the walkable city, and just plain the nicest and least neurotic people, Sydney is nigh on perfect for me.

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

It sure does... simply a gorgeous place to sail... if you remember to dodge the zillion other boats out there, the ferries etc etc ! heh heh
Cyalayta
Mal :)

Post a Comment