Saturday, November 22, 2008

Oh Captain, My Captain

Most of the folk who stop by this blog are sailors. Or at least they are interested in sailing or know something about sailing. But not always.

Occasionally I receive a visit from someone who confesses they know nothing about sailing. Such was the case for Em Dy, who left a comment here a few days ago. Em is a Filipino physician who has a blog where she writes mainly about shopping and movies and food. Judging by the pictures on her blog she must be one of those people you see in restaurants taking photos of every course they eat.

Mmmm. Looks delicious.

Anyway Dr Dy decided to participate in this month's group writing project Guess Who's Coming to Dinner. As is fitting for someone interested in food, most of her entry is about the menu for the dinner which includes caviar, balut and lechon. Even if some of the food is unfamiliar to many of my readers, I think you will all know her guest of honor. Check out Oh Captain, My Captain.

The group writing project is still open until close of business on Sunday 23 Nov. Find out how to participate at Guess Who's Coming to Dinner.

2 comments:

The O'Sheas said...

I saw and smelled balut in The Phillipines in 1986. It haunts me still

docemdy said...

Thanks for the mention. I enjoyed writing the post a lot.

Post a Comment