- Daughter-in-law has invited us to 3D ultrasound scan of grandchild #2 (code name Boris) on same day
- Weather forecast says steady rain until early afternoon
- Weather forecast says winds of 22mph gusting to 38mph
- Regatta was canceled two years ago because of rain
- Regatta site is other side of major city
- I'll have to get up early
- I'm a wimp
Reasons to go to regatta last Saturday...
- I can always catch up on 3D ultrasound of new baby when the DVD comes out
- I've agreed to meet one of the Tillerheads there
- It will be 2008 Laser sailing day #27
- Weather forecasts are usually wrong
- It might be fun
I decided to go to the regatta...
- It didn't rain (much)
- The drive across Boston is much faster now the Big Dig is finished
- It was windy and gusty but not 38mph
- I did meet the Tillerhead
- It was fun
However, the DVD of the supposedly three-dimensional ultrasound didn't work at all and the blurry still pictures of Boris showed a baby whose nose seemed to adopt different shapes and be in different places on his/her face in every shot and whose eyes never looked the same size as each other in any shot. I think the technology may not be perfect yet. I sincerely hope his/her nose doesn't move around like that after he/she is born. And I do hope it's a boy as Boris is not a good name for a girl.