Friday, October 30, 2009

It's Snowing


Conversation yesterday between myself and my 3-year-old granddaughter.

Emily: Look Grandad, I've drawn you a picture!

Me: That's very nice Emily. Who is it?

Emily: It's you Grandad!

Me: Oh yes. Now you mention it, I can see it's me. What's all this at the top of the picture?

Emily: It's snowing!

Me: What am I wearing?

Emily: Mittens!

Me: It's good to wear mittens in the snow. What else am I wearing?

Emily: A dress!

Me: A dress? Why am I wearing a dress?

Emily: Because it's snowing, of course!

Me: Oh.

Frostbite racing starts on Sunday. I'm not sure how the other fleet members will react if I show up in mittens and a dress. Even if it is snowing.

9 comments:

Carol Anne said...

It snowed in Albuquerque yesterday. The sun came out today and melted most of it, except in the shady spots. But there's still snow on the mountain above town.

bonnie said...

Maybe she got mixed up & thinks you are a Greenland-style kayaker?

Zen said...

or maybe the Blogfather has been hiding some thing from us...

nug nug wink wink, say no more say no more...

tillerman said...

Zen - you are correct. I have been known to wear a dress on occasions.

LOL. The verification word is "kilters". I kid you not.

The O'Sheas said...

Isn't it expected that an Englishman show up to some occasion or other in a dress at least once a year?

Andrew said...

Rooster have a very nice 5mm neoprene dress and mitten set, also available in men's sizes.

www.roostersailing.com

Anonymous said...

Rooster have a weird sense of humor

Pat said...

Sacramental robes may appear to be like dresses to a young child.

Pandabonium said...

Dame Tillerman?

Post a Comment